Pressure Reactive Intelligent Spark Management
At last, technology that will not only update our ignition systems to the 21st Century, but will go beyond the multi-sensor automobile style FADEC systems of the OEMs.
Using proprietary hardware and software developed by GAMI, the PRISM spark management system continuously monitors and controls the cylinder combustion pressures for location relative to top dead center and for safeguarding the engine from detonation. This allows for the use of lower octane, unleaded fuels and improved performance at the same time. Certification is expected soon.
Read what Kitplanes had to say about GAMI's PRISM spark management system in this article on the future of AvGas.
- Optimized Spark Timing to achieve maximum brake torque.
- Simple: Fewer moving parts and a fiber optic design.
- Increased horsepower at all power settings.
- Smoother engine operation - reduces coefficient of variation of combustion - even on lean mixtures.
- More efficient engine operation - CDI produces larger spark at optimized time BTDC.
- Replaces both magnetos - no overhaul required prior to TBO.
- Fully redundant design - proven electronic durability with quad redundant ignition.
- Includes GAMI's Supplenator. Supplemental Alternator - back-up power to primary alternator and battery and GAMI's PDU Panel Display Unit.
- Automatic detection/prevention of detonation.
- Maintains lower peak cylinder pressures - reduced loads on power train components, longer engine life.
- Allows for the future use of lower octane, unleaded fuels.
- Champion® ignition components (spark plugs, wires, coils).
- Improved fuel economy- lower BSFCs than previously possible.
- Significantly lower EGTs/TITs for reduced exhaust system maintenance.
- *Optional panel display of actual real-time horsepower and torque.
- *Optional digital tachometer.
- *Optional extensive on-board engine diagnostic capability.